Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Butterfly Challenge


I love to quilt and I love paper piecing and I recently discovered Tartan Kiwi's blog & patterns.  She is currently running a competition based on her butterfly pattern.

http://www.thetartankiwi.com/2014/07/the-lowdown-on-butterfly-challenge.html?m=0http://www.thetartankiwi.com/2014/07/the-lowdown-on-butterfly-challenge.html?m=0

This photo was my inspiration:



 
I have used a variety of fabrics by Pat Sloan from her "Bobbins & Bits" range together with black homespun and I have used a  black DMC Light Effects Embroidery Floss (E310) to hand stitch the antennae.  As I am still gaining confidence with my FMQing, I have kept the quilting simple and stitched the outer ditch of the butterfly in a black thread.
 


 

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Great colour combination - I love the contrast between the bright inner part of the wings and the black outer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black really sets this off and it does look like the real butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Beautiful colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way that you used colour in this butterfly. Thanks for joining in the challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.