I recently answered a call for help from the lovely Juliet at The Tartan Kiwi who needed some pattern testers to help test some of her new patterns. Well you know how much I enjoy paper piecing so of course I put my hand up.
Juliet had recently released her "Big Bear" pattern and had designed some "Bear Paws" to accompany it as a border component. The design features two paws, an angled one and a straight one.
I went through my fabric stash and dug out a lion print and a cat print that I had been hoarding. My idea was to maybe one day make a rather schmancy cushion for my gorgeous cat Gemma. I found some coordinating solids and set to work making a test block.
Here is my finished Angled Paw Block.
I found the pattern very easy to make. As it is only 6.5" it uses many smaller pieces & I was able to make good use of most of my offcuts so I had very little fabric waste.
Now to decide which fabric I will pair them up with...