Tuesday 26 May 2015

My Whimsical Woodland Mug Rug "Parcel of Awesomeness" arrived

Back in February (before my world turned upside down), I posted about the Whimsical Woodland Mug Rug Swap and showed you the parcel that I sent to my swap buddy - Louisa Watts.  Today it gives me great pleasure  to finally share with you the amazing parcel of awesomeness that I received from the super wonderful Karley from Canada @krrley back in February.
 
To refresh your memory - in this swap we were required to create a Woodland themed mug rug for our partner and to include a few extra goodies to the retail value of USD10.00  These were to follow the theme of the swap.
 
Firstly this is the inspiration mosaic that I posted for this swap.  I chose the squirrel as my preferred woodlands animal and advised my partner that although I knew that I would be receiving a mug rug in the swap, instead of using it to sit my tea or coffee on, I would be hanging it up in my sewing room, so they were welcome to make a miniature mini quilt of mug rug dimensions. 
 
 
 
Before I show you what was IN the parcel, these are the teasers that Karley had posted on Instagram.  (Instagram photos reproduced with Karley's permission)
 
 
 
And this is what arrived:
 
This blew me away when I saw it.  Karley's young daughter was given free reign to decorate the parcel with hedgehog stickers.  I managed to save most of them and have stuck them onto one of the display shelves in my sewing room.
 
My parcel of awesomeness!
 
The back of my mug rug/miniature mini quilt.
 
Another photo of my parcel of awesomeness.
 
Owl beads
 
Strawberry Sugar hand & body cream, - it smells divine!!!
 
A maple cream chocolate from Canada & it was yummy!
 
A cute little hand made squirrel plush toy.
 
A foxy gift card.
 

I absolutely love all of the goodies that Karley so kindly sent me, I'm just saddened that it has taken me so long to share it all with you. 
 
Other photographs of this swap can be viewed on Instagram by typing in the hashtag #whimsicalwoodlandmugrug
 
I have since completed and received a number of other swaps which I will endeavour to share with you over the coming weeks.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.