Saturday 18 June 2016

The Circle Game Quilt

My completed Circle Game Quilt
Further to my post the other day, I realised that I hadn't provided any specs about my Circle Game Quilt.
The pattern booklet.  Available through all good quilt shops.
Pattern: "The Circle Game" by Jen Kingwell

Fabrics Used: 

  • I have used a mixture of fabrics by the Kaffe Fassett Collective which includes Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably and Philip Jacobs.
  • The black & white spot is "Spot On" design #14868 by Studio RK for Robert Kaufman
  • The grey is "Architextures" by Carolyn Friedlander for Robert Kaufman.  I think it was the "Shale" colour. 
  • The charcoal is "Quilter's Linen" screen rint D#9864 by Robert Kaufman
  • The Sashing - is a Kaffe Fassett print called "Freckles".  It looks yellow in some photos but it is actually a very pale lime green with flecks of red, pink, brown and green through it.
Techniques: Jen's quilts can be made using a variety of techniques and I am sure that everyone does theirs differently.  I estimate that at least 85% of this quilt was sewn by hand.  There were a few simple blocks which I machine pieced but mostly I hand sewed them.  I did machine piece the borders and the sashing.  It has taken me approximately 12-months to complete this quilt.  

Quilting: I have hand quilted this quilt using Aurifil threads in a combination of 40wt, 50wt and 28wt that I ordered through Ms Midge.

The individual blocks:

Block 1
Block 2
Block 3
Block 4
Block 5
Block 6
Block 7
Block 8
Block 9 - this is one of my favourites
Block 10
Block 11
Block 12
Block 13
Block 14
Block 15
Block 16 - another one of my favourites
The finished quilt top:
Here is the flimsy hanging up above my bed prior to being quilted.
Miss Amity's "schexy pose" - it's a shame I had the window open when I took this photo as the wind blew the right hand side, but Amity's pose is just too cute!
Basting & Quilting:
My mother helped me baste the quilt in the craft room at her retirement village.
About to pin baste
Ironing and basting
These are all the Aurifil threads that I used to hand quilt this quilt.
Hand quilting
Hand quilting
Hand quilting with Aurifil
Hand quilting with beautiful Aurifil threads
When I was too tired to hand quilt, Miss Amity took over for me ;0)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so stunning. I'm so pleased you hand quilted such a beautiful quilt. Would love to see some close up shots of your hand quilting. It really compliments Jen's designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie. I decided to keep my quilting stitches very fine on this quilt to not detract from the overall design & the fabrics.

      Delete
  2. Managing many social media accounts can be time-consuming for businesses. Automating posts and followers with an SMM panel India saves time. Business owners can concentrate on other matters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback.